- Login to SCM by going to https://secure.preemptive.com.au/client.html
- Select Send Message from the menu bar
- In the To: field, enter the email address of the intended recipient. Separate multiple email addresses with a comma.
- Fill in the Subject and Message fields.
- If you would like to attach a file, press the Attach File button – you will need to wait while it uploads. Here is an example of the percent counter ticking during a file upload
- Select the Duration (days) SCM should retain the message After this period the message and any attachments will be removed from SCM
- If required, select the Protective Marking that must be applied to the email.
- Finally select the level of authentication the system will require from the recipient before they will be allowed to read the message. The table below describes the different levels:
|Level||Requirement to view message|
|Basic authentication||The unique link sent and their email address|
|Password required||Registration at secure.preemptive.com.au and the unique link sent.|
|Password then SMS required||Registration at secure.preemptive.com.au, the unique link sent and be able to provide a security code sent by SMS to their mobile phone number.|
Once you have sent a message via SCM, you will receive an email with a link where you can track the message and if required recall it. You will also be notified when the recipient has read the message.